Last Updated on 7 months by Yomesh
No updates have been made to Cannabis/hemp- CBD laws in Wyoming
In addition to the federal hemp laws laid out in the 2018 Farm Bill, each state has its own state hemp laws. Before we dive in on Wyoming Hemp Laws and the legality of CBD in Wyoming, it is important to understand the different types of hemp and CBD products that these laws may be applied to.
There are many (somewhat confusing) terms for hemp oil:
- Isolate or THC-Free Hemp Oil has only CBD and all other plant compounds have been removed, THC is undetectable. Pure CBD Isolate can also be purchased in powder form.
- Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil has all plant compounds, including less than 0.3% THC.
- Broad-Spectrum Hemp Oil has undetectable THC, but contains other plant compounds.
- PCR (Phytocannabinoid-Rich) Hemp Oil with Zero-THC is a new marketing term for broad-spectrum hemp oil.
- CBG Hemp Oil is a hemp oil from a cannabigerol (CBG) rich hemp strain that has more CBG than is found in CBD Hemp Oil.
- Hemp Flower is the dried and harvested flower of the hemp plant. It can be used whole or extracted to make CBD isolate, Full-Spectrum CBD, or Broad-Spectrum CBD (PCR Hemp Oil).
FAQ: Hemp and CBD Legality in Wyoming
Is Full Spectrum CBD Legal in Wyoming?
That is a trick question because full-spectrum CBD is not the same as the so-called PCR Hemp Oil! This new marketing term is certainly introducing even more confusion around CBD products.
Wyoming hemp laws like HB 101 remove hemp and CBD hemp products from the definition of marijuana. This means that CBD products and hemp must contain less than 0.3% delta-9-THC under Wyoming hemp laws.
Is It Legal to Ship PCR Hemp Oil to Wyoming?
It is legal to ship ALL types of hemp products with less than 0.3% THC to all US States according to the 2018 Farm Bill.
Where to Buy Full Spectrum CBD Oil in Wyoming?
CBD products are available in Wyoming CBD stores and can also be purchased online.
Do you need a special license to purchase PCR Hemp Oil in Wyoming?
You don’t need a special license to purchase CBD hemp oil (all types) in Wyoming, only to grow, test, or sell products.
How Does Wyoming Legally Define Hemp?
If Cannabis in a Lot has a THC concentration level that does not exceed the AcceptableWyoming Hemp Regulatory Plan
Hemp THC Level, it is considered hemp and may enter the stream of commerce. Cannabis with a THC concentration level exceeding the Acceptable Hemp THC Level
constitutes marijuana, a schedule I controlled substance under the CSA, and must be
destroyed in accordance with the CSA and 21 CFR part 1317.
“Hemp” or “hemp product” means all parts, seeds and varieties of the plant cannabis sativa l., whether growing or not, or a product, derivative, extract, cannabinoid, isomer, acid, salt or salt of isomer made from that plant with a THC concentration of not more than three‑tenths of one percent (0.3%) on a dry weight basis when using post‑decarboxylation or another similarly reliable testing method;HB 171 – Hemp, cannabidiol and other controlled substance regulation
Growing and Selling Hemp in Wyoming
As of 2020, Wyoming hemp laws have taken effect and it is now legal to cultivate hemp in Wyoming for grain, fiber, and oil, which is used for CBD. Wyoming hemp farmers, processors, and handlers must follow the Wyoming Hemp Regulatory Plan.
Retail Hemp and CBD products must comply with Wyoming hemp laws:
- Products must contain no more than 0.3% THC
- Products must come from a registered farm
- Products must be tested by a licensed laboratory
Wyoming state hemp laws allow for CBD products such as:
- Hemp topicals
- Hemp concentrates and extracts (oils and tinctures)
- Industrial hemp for building or fiber materials
- Industrial hempseed (food product)
- Industrial hempseed oil (food product)