Last Updated on 1 year by Yomesh
The Global Cannabinoid Research Center is led by founder Mike Robinson, a cannabinoid researcher of over a decade, and focuses on cannabinoid medicine research. On the topic of CBG, Mike is like a database. Recently, he was interviewed by the Vee Traveling Veg Canna Writer blog and these are some of the best highlights regarding CBG for inflammation and Mike’s research.
Note: this is not approved government research and here at Plain Jane CBD, we are not documenting this as approved research. Additionally, we are not making any medical claims and not providing any medical advice. Any questions regarding cannabinoid consumption should be discussed with a medical professional.
Hear from Mike Robinson:
- “The Global Cannabinoid Research Center is an educational entity that shares research and analytics, educates on cannabinoid medicine, and works in collaboration with the American Journal of Endocannabinoid Medicine University. With them, we offer doctors, healthcare professionals of all types, and/or anyone- a 12-unit college course on the ECS (endocannabinoid system) that most never learned. Students earn a certification from the Journal of Medicine’s University.”
- “CBGa is my favorite cannabinoid as I’m able to find so many uses for it. It can be converted into various other cannabinoids within the plant, and with technology we have and more emerging. As a researcher – being able to work with the mother of everything and what’s responsible for CBCa, CBDa, and THCa as well as CBG – not to exclude CBGV and so much more is always a treat.Researching it has become an obsession of sorts.”
- “CBG is considered a minor due to the small percentage of it, overall, in the various species of Cannabis. Without modification, the final outcome of any grow produces little detectable CBG, unless the plants are a little young. Genetics have made even that statement outdated, there’s strains now that have a little. Either way it will always be THC and CBD considered the major Cannabinoids as those are the two predominant plant types we see. Professionally I believe we should also establish, in breeding, CBC dominant plant types since it’;s an attractive cannabinoid that CBGa produces.”
- “CBG and CBGa have heavy promise in releasing those toxins and in doing so, it causes a reduction of inflammation. When we use oxygen in life, which we do every moment, free radicals are generated. The more energy we use the more we make. This oxidative stress creates damage to healthy cells, tissue, and more, and causes what we all know as inflammation and pain; and that’s only to start.”
- “I don’t believe cannabinoids and terpenes to be non-psychoactive – that’s a nice way to ice a cake so conservative people don’t feel like they’re using a plant that’s been demoralized and demonized for the better part of a century. CBD itself, for example, is known to help in multiple ways for people with depression – this is treated by psychologists and psychiatrists. PTSD patients have reported back to me, in anecdotal cases that have been numerous in veterans as well as in myself, to have reduced symptoms including night sweats. terrors, and repetitive dreams.”
To learn more about the GCRC, check out their website.