Last Updated on 2 meses by Yomesh
As hemp gains popularity, and as more studies and research support the medicinal value of hemp, more of everything is being infused with, and made from hemp. From food, to drinks, to topicals, to meals- hemp/ CBD is making its mark on the world.
The Benefits of Hemp/CBD
It’s easy to see why hemp/CBD is making it way into everyone’s life. The plant, federally legal in the United States since the 2018 Farm Bill, is a historical healer. Hemp has been used in history for centuries, and for a variety of reasons, but the main reason is due to hemps medicinal benefits.
“CBD may offer an option for treating different types of chronic pain. A study from the European Journal of Pain showed, using an animal model, CBD applied on the skin could help lower pain and inflammation due to arthritis. Another study demonstrated the mechanism by which CBD inhibits inflammatory and neuropathic pain, two of the most difficult types of chronic pain to treat. More study in humans is needed in this area to substantiate the claims of CBD proponents about pain control”.
In the United States, approximately 50 million adults suffer from chronic pain conditions. It’s no wonder why hemp/ CBD is making its way into the products humans consume and apply most: food, beverages, topicals, and blended in with other herbal treatments.
Where Adults Can Dine at Restaurants that Offer Hemp/ CBD Infused Foods
Speaking from experience, Portland to date, has been the city that has the most options for dining CBD infused. A few favorites:
- Bella Pizza– offering CBD infused olive oil that can be applied to just about everything (they have vegan options too!).
- Tiny’s Coffee– offering CBD infused beverages (they have a nice selection of vegan options too!)
Insider reported the following restaurants offering CBD infused options:
- Ankeny Tap & Table– a family-friendly pub in Portland, Oregon offering CBD infused beer.
- Vegan restaurant, by CHLOE– a restaurant in New York City, offering CBD infused desserts.
- The James Hotel-a hotel in New York City, that delivers CBD infused food to your room, via their room service menu.
- Monarch & The Milkweed– a Vermont pasty shop offering CBD infused treats.
- The Original Hemp Cafe and Lounge – a cafe in Colorado Springs offering CBD infused beverages and baked goods.
- Fuel Restaurant– a Philadelphia health foods restaurant offering CBD infused options.
- PopCultivate– a Los Angeles, CA supper club that provides an adults-only pop-up dining experience, offering CBD infused options.
It’s important to note that hemp CBD and CBD from marijuana are similar but not the same. The restaurants offering CBD infused options, are infusing those options with hemp CBD- the federally legal part of the cannabis plant, that contains 0.3% or less THC. Many times, the infused options are not full spectrum, but instead, an isolate.
Isolate means that CBD is the only cannabinoid in there, and not even the small 0.3% of THC is included- because CBD has been isolated and extracted. Due to the legality of THC on the federal level, marijuana infusion are not mainstream, because they would be considered illegal.